Saturday 21 March 2015

Roblox Egg Hunt 2015 - Eggs, Maps and Hats

Today Roblox posted information about the upcoming Egg Hunt 2015 on their blog. If you have not read it yet, then check it out by clicking the link below.

http://blog.roblox.com/2015/03/everything-you-need-to-know-for-egg-hunt-2015/

In this post I will be showing sneak-peeks as well as sharing my opinions on the event.


What makes this years egg hunt different to those of previous years is that the eggs will be hidden across three existing well-know games. These three popular games are Ripbull Minigames, Super Bomb Survival and Twisted Murderer. In the past, the Egg Hunt maps have been completely new games made by the Roblox games team. Personally, I preferred the concept of having a new map specially made for the egg hunt. This is because I liked the excitement of not knowing what the map (or maps in last years case) would look like. I enjoyed being able to explore a completely new map in search of rare eggs and making the most of the game before it shut down once Easter was over. This year I am not excited, as I already know the concept of each game and what they are like. I understand that the three game developers have updated their games for the Egg Hunt and that they will look different to how they normally do, but it's not the same as having a completely new map to explore. The picture above is a preview of Ripbull Minigames remastered for the Egg Hunt.




The thumbnails of the Egg Hunt games above give us an idea on what eggs to expect.

We still do not know the exact date that the Egg hunt will begin, it just says on their blog that it "kicks off next week". Considering it's starting so soon, it is slightly worrying that they still do not have an exact date.

No doubt Roblox will be releasing loads of items to the catalog (which will probably overpriced) that will give you advantages during the event and then be worthless after then, as they did last year.

The reason I sound so harsh to Roblox is because the company is becoming bigger every day, however for this Egg Hunt they have not even bothered to build their own map. I understand that they are promoting the whole "You Make the Game" thing and it's good that they are giving these young developers this opportunity, however I still feel that they should make the Egg Hunt more special by releasing a new map, playable for only the Easter season. This is only my opinion and I understand not everyone will agree with me, but I'm sure there are a lot of other experienced Robloxians out there that remember the old Egg Hunts and prefer them to this new format.

Little is known about the upcoming eggs, however a short video that Roblox posted on Vine reveals one of the eggs that we can expect to see, click the link below to watch it.

https://vine.co/v/OYrvP9V65nt

Despite everything I have said, this years Egg Hunt could still be really good, but I am just not as excited for it as I was for previous years. Stay tuned for more information and news about the Egg Hunt, as I will be posting on here again once the Egg Hunt is up and running.

Bobstar500

4 comments: